Job Description for Truancy Intervention Case Manager
This is a full-time position to provide school, home, and community-based services to students of RPS 205 and their families.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education or a human services field.
Minimum of two (2) years experience working with children and adolescents.
Experience with school and/or community systems is necessary. Familiarity with behavior issues, school interventions, juvenile justice, wraparound, and local resources is beneficial.
- Outstanding skills in writing, speaking, and listening.
- Experience with diversity of cultures and ethnicities.
- Creative, innovative approach to problem solving.
- Passionate about children and the importance of their education.
Reports to: YSN Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insure school attendance through home and school visits, accumulating data in cases referred.
- Establish good rapport with students and families.
- Report to and receive from school personnel (teachers, counselors, nurses, social workers, principals) attendance and school success data.
- Interpret to parents their responsibility concerning school attendance and child welfare.
- Establish and maintain contact with community providers who work with students on attendance issues.
- Participate in conferences regarding student concerns.
- Make referrals to mental health, substance abuse, and medical providers for appropriate services.
- Be aware of social problems within the community and be able to work with families to alleviate the problems that impact school attendance.
- Be available to teachers and administrative staff as a resource on specific family and student problems.
- Function on an ethical and professional manner at all times, so that confident, respectful, and professional relationships can be maintained with students and families.
- In order to perform these duties, it will be necessary to transport students, parents, and family members.
- Services will be provided 12 months per year and at the times of day convenient to the families.