Job Description for MELD Case Manager
This is a full-time position to provide home and community-based services to individuals and families. Must have knowledge of and experience with youth development, resiliency, and childhood trauma.
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience working with children/ adolescents.
Skills: Demonstrate ability in both verbal and written communication.
Valid driver’s license, proof of automobile liability insurance, and access to an automobile to make home visits and to transport clients.
1. Provide crisis intervention and stabilization services to residents in the MELD shelter and transitional living programs.
2. Participate in resident assessment and intakes, service planning and document activities.
3. Provide assessment and referrals to services.
4. Participate in monthly and quarterly resident staffings.
5. Complete and submit all necessary reports to the Homeless Youth Supervisor.
6. Participate in professional education opportunities and community meetings as necessary.
7. Provide in-home mentoring, role modeling, and out-of-home activities (i.e. job searching, tutoring, monitoring of school attendance, transportation to services, etc.).
8. Participate in shelter coverage as necessary.
9. Evenings and weekends are required and some on-call.