Youth Services Network
Serving children, young adults and families in Winnebago and Boone counties with strength-based care. We also serve surrounding counties.
The mission of Youth Services Network is to develop, provide and coordinate services that improve the physical, developmental, psychological and social well-being of children, young adults, and families.
Since 1982 Youth Services Network, Inc. (YSN) has provided services to youth in Winnebago and Boone Counties. YSN staff serve youth ages 0-21 and their families by providing trauma-informed, holistic, community- based services. YSN is a Child Welfare Agency licensed by the State of Illinois.
The population served by YSN staff have a variety of concerns:
- Emotional or mental health concerns
- Pregnant or parenting
- Runaway or homeless
- Victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse or domestic violence
- Delinquent behaviors
- Truancy or school concerns
- Developmental delays and/or disabilities
Our Core Values
- We promote and respect individual choice.
- We abide by a strong code of integrity that directs our work.
- We operate with a sense of passion and caring.
- We believe in the strengths of families and make a commitment to support all families in their efforts
to improve their lives.
Stats and Facts
YSN staff are involved in numerous community committees dedicated to facilitating change, including, but not limited to:
- 17th Judicial Circuit Family Violence Coordinating Council (Child & Youth Safety Committee and Domestic Violence Awareness Committee)
- AEAC of United Way of Rock River Valley
- Alignment Rockford
- Boone County Networking Committee
- Boone County Drug Prevention Coalition
- Bridges Out of Poverty workgroup
- Detention of Children Task Force
- Early Learning Council of Rockford Area
- Foster Care Alliance – Winnebago & Boone County
- Local Area Network (LAN 32)
- Mayor’s Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking Task Force
- Northern Illinois Homeless Coalition
- Rockford Fatherhood Coalition
- The Truancy Task Force
- Trauma Informed Community Committee
- Violence Reduction Committee of the Winnebago County Health Department
- Winnebago County Action Team
- Youth Council of The Workforce Connection
- Youth Mental Health System of Care Committee
Board of Directors
- Constance Schlupp – President
- Nichole Hoey – Vice Rresident
- Dr. Cindy Stear – Secretary
- Rusti Swanson – Treasurer
- Chris Kelley – Board of Directors
- Kay Wadsworth – Board of Directors
- Dave Reiter – Board of Directors
- Brendan Behl – Board of Directors
- Marlon Bailey – Board of Directors
- Andre Sayles – Board of Directors
- Raegan Caras– Executive Director
- John Johnson- Associate Director